“Sitting at my desk in Collingwood, watching the birds and blooms dance in the labyrinth, the long braids are long gone now, and my short hair is greying. I am a grandmother, a partner, a sister, a friend, a lover, a writer, a gardener, a walker, a reader, a mother. I look in the mirror and see my mother’s dark brown eyes, surrounded by lifelines, looking out at me.”— Excerpt from Saved by Love: An incomplete memoir
gloria finds inspiration and solace in the natural world. she loves connecting through words and over tea. you are most welcome here. please stay a while and don’t forget to leave a note!
Recent Blog Posts
- silver threadsthe bedtime stories begin at 7:15 am sleepy heads half way round the world crowd eagerly to the screen as I share the latest libraryContinue reading “silver threads”
- On being gooditalics Wild Geese By Mary Oliver Fluffy whiteness tossing laughterdelighted brightness crowdingdoughnuts risen and fried and rolledin sugar sticky white call me to come,to eat,Continue reading “On being good”
- Teeter totterRunning with anticipation to the school yardbefore the bell rang, so there would be time for swingsand if I was lucky bumps on the teeterContinue reading “Teeter totter”
- Today I look forward(with the ancestors, with the descendants, with Brigid and the groundhog) Today I look forward to playing in the snow, for getting quite cold, forContinue reading “Today I look forward”
- ReminiscenceMy musings in these days are often informed by my email inbox, or messenger or phone calls or texts. These messages that I am receivingContinue reading “Reminiscence”
Upcoming Events & Readings
News and Updates
Dec 16, 2020
On these dark days, may we remember that hope and light are always returning.
Light always finds a way.
So does love.
Sending both your way today.
Dec 12, 2020
The books are here! Saved by Love: an incomplete memoir and Musings in a pandemic and beyond are now available worldwide in both print and e-book format. You can order them online from Better World Books or from the online supplier of your choice. I will also have a limited supply of print copies – so if you live nearby I can also get a signed paper copy to you – just shoot me a message. Stay tuned for virtual readings and more…
Dec 1 2020
I am so excited to share these poems and musings with you! Here is a little sample to get you curious…
November 20, 2020
I have TWO books in the process of being published with KD Books. Stay tuned for more info….